A novel by James Patterson turned into a movie.
The book is a light-read, feel-good kinda book. It has a simple storyline with a happy ending, don't most of us wish for our own happy endings?
I can relate to the book, not necessarily the main character. I never had an imaginary friend when I was a young kid (is that supposed to be good or bad?), unlike the protagonist in the novel (Jane). I have circles of friends when I was young and up to now. Some of my friends of today are the same friends I have from decades ago ! So I guess I won't be able to relate to that feeling of insecurity, loneliness of being unacknowledged.
But the character of the imaginary friend (Michael) is something I have found in another person. He isn't imaginary though. He is someone I actually know. He brings me the same kind of comfort, love and frienship.
The story has a simple twist in the end, when you thought Jane will die, but it was actually her mother who would. Then you thought Michael will also die, but he became human.
Well, it was a happy ending after all.
Walang komento:
Mag-post ng isang Komento